The Warriors' Guild is a faction building located in Burthorpe, northwest of the Heroes' Guild, northwest of Taverley. The fastest way to get there is by using a Games Necklace to teleport to the Burthorpe Games Room, running up all the stairs, and then going west out of the castle.
The main reason people come here is to get Defenders, or to buy Attack or Strength skillcapes.
In order to access the guild, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- 130 combined Attack and Strength levels
- 99 Attack or 99 Strength
The primary function of the Warriors' Guild is to obtain the sought after rune defender. Defenders are held in the off hand (shield) slot and provide both strength and offensive bonuses to boost your DPS with melee weapons. They are dropped by Cyclops in the guild.
Both the Attack and Strength skill capes can be bought at the Warrior's Guild when you reach level 99 in the respective stat. The vendors are both in the guild. The capes cost 99,000 coins and the hoods cost 999 coins like from all skillcapes vendors.
To get a defender, you must first get tokens. There are several ways to get tokens but the animated armor method is the fastest.
- Obtain a plate chest, legs, and full helm of the same armor type.
- Go to the room on the first floor of the guild with Shanomi in it.
- Right-click -> Use a piece of the armor on one of the Magical Animators, it will animate the armor.
- Kill the Animated Armor (don't worry, you will never fail to recover armor pieces here)
After killing the Animated Armor, you will receive tokens based on the type of armor you used. They are:
|Metal Type||Combat Level||Hitpoints||Tokens Rewarded|
Other Token Gathering Methods
The only other way to get tokens that's worth describing is the Shot Put game on the second floor of the guild. If you have a high Strength level (85+) it's a decent method of gaining Strength experience and a moderate method of gaining tokens. Animating armor is still faster though. Because infinite run is disabled during the game, you can't abuse it for super fast tokens while shot-putting.
Other minigames include the keg balancing and catapult games on the second floor and the dummy game on the first floor, but they're so bad that you shouldn't even bother.
After you've gotten some tokens (1,000+ recommended, 100 minimum to enter), you can enter the arena to fight the big guys on the top floor. Every minute you are inside the arena, 10 tokens will be deducted. Inside the arena are several Cyclops (level 56 and 76). Since both drop defenders and the same rate, it is recommended to focus on the lower level ones. If you get a defender drop, immediately exit the arena and talk to Kamfreena (she is by the entrance), to show her your defender - this should be automatic. You will now be able to get the next defender, so reenter the arena and start farming for the one.
The defenders go in material order from bronze>iron>steel>black>mithril>adamant>rune. The bonuses are:
|Defender||Att and Def level Req||Stab Off||Slash Off||Crush Off||Stab Def||Slash Off||Crush Off||Strength|
All defenders give a -2 range attack and defense bonus, -3 magic attack and defense bonus, and 0 prayer bonus. After you get the rune defender, the cyclopes will continue to drop additional rune defenders (you may want to grab a few in case you lose your original so you don't have to grind more later).
Defender drop rates are as follows:
|Material Type||Drop Rate|
No, the drop rates are not bugged just because you're unlucky.
- Harrallak Menarous - Guildmaster, on the first floor, provides background information on the Guild.
- Lidio and Lilly - On the first floor, they sell cheap food items and basic potions respectively if you need them.
- Ajjat - Attack Skillcape vendor on the first floor.
- Anton - Runs the armory shop on the second floor, you can sell Cyclops drops to him if you want. Not that he does NOT buy for Hi-Alch prices.
- Sloane - Strength Skillcape vendor on the second floor.
- Jade - Banker, she's on the first floor.
- Kamfreena - On the top floor, show her your current defender to be able to farm the next defender.