Differences From Realscape
While the /v/scape devs try to avoid custom content as much as possible, sometimes it is necessary for things to run smoothly. It is recommended that you read this page as well as the FAQ and Beginner's Guide too if you're new, and before you ask any questions that aren't already answered on these three pages.
Changes to base game:
Because we do not have construction, magic tabs can't be made in player-owned homes. Instead, you have the following methods:
- For Teleport Tabs use law runes on wet clay.
- For Bones to Fruit Tabs use nature runes on wet clay.
- For Enchantment tabs use cosmic runes on wet clay.
You still need the magic level required for the spell in order to create its corresponding tablet, and you can't make tablets while on Ancients. Making or using tablets does not grant any experience either.
Tradable Items (needs filling out)
Certain items that were untradable in Realscape are fully tradable in /v/scape. Examples are below. As a general tip, if an item cannot be dropped but instead must be destroyed to get rid of it, it is untradable.
- All Void equipment pieces
- Moonclan hats
- Blessed axes (useless though, you need to create one from scratch to progress in Animal Magnetism)
- Custom Pest Control pets (see further down)
Lumbridge Home Teleport
- Has no cooldown no matter if you use it via the spellbook or with the ::home command. Note that Edgeville Home Teleport from Ancient Magicks DOES have the 30 minute cooldown.
- Uses an old version of its special attack: for 50% of your special energy you have a 50/50 chance to hit for either your current max hit or nothing at all.
Barrows Gloves/Recipe for Disaster
- Before RFD's implementation, Barrows Gloves were only possible to get as a possible custom reward from the Barrows Chest.
- This is not the case now, and you do not need the completion of the quest to equip the gloves for those who got them before.
- However the gloves no longer permanently keep upon death, so if you lose your only pair you'll need to complete RFD to get more or hope that you got spares!
- Spiritual Mages that drop dragon boots can be found in the top-left corner of the wilderness at ~level 50 since the God Wars Dungeon isn't implemented.
- The level 96 Ancient Magicks spell Ghorrock Teleport will take you right to them, and like normal they require 83 Slayer to kill or even harm.
- Lamps from the Genie random event are fully bankable. The exp reward formula for them remains unchanged (Skill level x 10, then multiplied by the exp rate. For example a lamp used on a level 96 skill gives 2,160 experience because 96 x 10 = 960, 960 x 2.25 = 2,160).
Ring Of Wealth
- The Ring of Wealth increases the drop rate for clue scrolls, from any monster that drops them normally. The buff to Rare Drop Table drops remains unchanged.
- Because Barbarian Assault is not implemented, the other teleport option for the games necklace other than the Burthorpe Games Room is to teleport to Pest Control island.
Music Player and Emotes
- All music tracks and emotes fully unlocked from the start, can be played at any time.
The Ancient cavern has been moved to upstairs in the Brimhaven dungeon, and contains the following NPCs:
- Mithril Dragons
- Confused Barbarians
- Brutal Green Dragons
Burning chewed and mangled bones have been changed as well; you simply just need 35 Firemaking and to use the bones on any fire. Be prepared for a fight when you burn them, just in case.
Stronghold of Security
- Security questions asked by the doors within the Stronghold are /v/scape-specific (Report bugs on the Mantis Bugtracker, etc).
- Same stats as an Steel longsword as of Shadow of the Storm's release
- 1.33x damage against any demon NPC that is normally affected.
- Same stats as an Adamant longsword
- 1.75x damage against any demon NPC that is normally affected.
- Equivalent to a Rune dagger
- No damage multiplier on werewolves like how Silverlight and Darklight work on demons though.
- Based on hits given and received, not based on time. Equipment durability has also received a large buff.
- See ::degradeinfo in game for a more detailed explanation.
- The Amulet of Ghostspeak is not required to talk to the ghosts in the town.
Changes to quests
Priest in Peril
Priest in Peril requires only 25 essence instead of 50, to save you a trip back to Drezel at the last part of the quest.
Heroes Quest and Shield of Arrav
Anyone can help another person complete the above two quests, even if they've already done the quests themselves.
Changes to minigames:
- Only one game can be played at a time. Check ::pcactive to see if a game is running and also how many players are waiting in the lander.
- PC specific chat system with ::pc "message"
- Point system has been buffed
- Points rewarded are 5 for the first 50 damage, then 1 more for every 100 rounded down
- For example, 272 damage would give you 7 points
- Hard cap of 35 points per round
- Spinners will stop healing the portal if hit once and aggroed
- No Void Seal, but custom pets can be purchased as a reward with PC points from one of the Knights
- All Void gear is fully tradeable
Read its minigame guide for more information and how to play.
Clue Scrolls and Treasure Trails
- Can receive up to 8 rewards
- No duplicate rewards
- Drop rates for clue scrolls increased
- Coordinate clues require only a spade
- Clue help specific to /v/scape can be found on their respective pages of course, here and here. Nearly all clue help is listed, except for level 2 clues which still need filling out.
- Read its minigame guide for more information.
Changes to High Level Alchemy prices:
- alch for 10,000 each.
- alch for 1,000,000 each.
Changes to skills:
- Global announcement text pops up whenever a player reaches level 99 or 200 million experience in a skill.
- Example: "Community has just achieved level 99 in woodcutting!".
- Skillcapes' trimmed/untrimmed variants can be kept separately, capes do not auto-trim here. See the Skillcape Guide for more information.
- None of the courses have failure rates on the obstacles except for the Barbarian course, but that can be circumvented too - see the guide for more details.
- The only courses available are the Gnome, Barbarian, Ape Atoll, and Wilderness ones.
- Threads used for crafting have a ~1/10 (or ~10%) chance to be used up per item crafted, rather than a flat 4-5 crafts per spool of thread.
- Has the multi-loot mechanic from post-2007 realscape, see its guide for more details.
- Tasks can be re-rolled infinitely by talking to the slayer master again. See the guide for a table of tasks.
- When making Scarecrows to stand in a Flower patch for protecting Sweetcorn, every type of spear except for Dragon can be used to make it.
To address the fact that we can't world hop for higher level ores, any ore above gold has had its respawn time altered:
- Granite respawns in 9 seconds
- Gem rocks respawn in 30 seconds
- Mithril respawns in 3 minutes
- Adamantite respawns in 6 minutes
- Runite respawns in 20 minutes
Other rock respawn rates remain unchanged, see the guide for specifics.