Big Chompy Bird Hunting
- 30 Cooking
- 5 Fletching
- 5 Ranged
- Ability to defend against level 64 wolves and level 53 ogres.
- Any axe
- 100+ feathers
- 4 Wolf Bones (obtained during the quest)
- Cabbage (obtained during the quest)
- Tomato (obtained during the quest)
- Onion (obtained during the quest)
- Potato (obtained during the quest)
- Speak to Rantz to start the quest. He can be found in the clearing to the east of Feldip Hills, near a mining site.
- Rantz will tell you he is hungry and wants you to make him some arrows so he can hunt the Chompy bird.
Making the Arrows
- Use a chisel on Wolf bones to make the arrowtips. If you don't have these bones, head slightly southwest of Rantz to find a clearing full of wolves.
- Chop down five Achey Trees. Use your knife on the logs to create the arrow shafts.
- Use the feathers on the arrow shafts to create Flighted ogre arrows.
- Use the Flighted ogre arrows with the wolfbone arrowtips to make the ogre arrows.
Gathering the Bait
- Return to Rantz and give him the arrows. He will mention swamp toads.
- Exhaust all of Rantz's dialogue, and then enter the cave directly north of him.
- Talk to Rantz's children. They will tell you the ogre bellows are found in the chest with a rock on top.
- Attempt to open the chest. If your fail, your Strength will be reduced by 1. Search the chest to receive the Ogre bellows.
- Head southwest of Rantz to the clearing with the wolves.
- Use your Ogre bellows on the swamp bubbles in the pond.
- Use your Ogre bellows on a swamp toad to get a bloated toad. Do this three times. You will have to re-inflate your bellows after three toads.
Hunt the Chompy
- Return to Rantz. He will show you where to place the bait.
- Drop a bloated toad on the spot with the flashing yellow arrow. Walk back to Rantz. You may have to repeat this since the Chompy bird doesn't always appear.
- Repeat this until a Chompy bird appears. Rantz will fail to hit it.
- Tell Rantz it would be better if you handled the shooting. He will give you his Ogre bow.
- Drop another bloated toad and retreat towards Rantz. A chompy will appear, shoot and kill it, pick up the raw chompy it drops.
Cooking the Chompy
- Speak to Rantz, he will tell you to cook the Chompy. You need to season the chompy with three ingredients to meet his demands. He will mention which ingredient he wants during this dialogue.
- Head north into Rantz's cave and speak to both of his children. They will mention the other two ingredients.
- Use the ingredients on the chompy and cook it on the spitroast fire.
- Give the chompy to Rantz.
- Quest complete!
- Onion: Can be found to the west of Rantz, growing in the clearing with regular ogres walking about.
- Doogle leaf: Can be found to the west of Rantz, growing in the far west of the clearing with regular ogres walking about.
- Equa leaf: Can be found in the wooded clearing to the southeast of Rantz.
- Tomato: Can be found to the west of Rantz, on a stool in the clearing with regular ogres walking about.
- Potato: Can be found to the west of Rantz, growing in the far west of the clearing with regular ogres walking about.
- Cabbage: Can be found in the wooded clearing to the southeast of Rantz.
- 2 Quest Points
- 567 Fletching experience
- 3,307.5 Cooking experience
- 1,653.75 Ranged experience
- Ogre bow
- Ability to fletch ogre arrows
- Ability to cook chompy birds